Union United Methodist Church
Check Request Procedure
A check request should be submitted to the church Treasurer, Leslie Johnson-Quick, to reimburse a member for expenses already made on the church’s behalf or to have a check sent to a vendor. Please follow these steps to submit a check request:
1. Get a new copy of the Check Request form from the link below or from outside the pastor’s office.
2. Complete the information requested.
3. Attach receipts on pieces of letter-size paper or make Xerox copies of the receipts. Number each receipt to correspond to the expense line number on the Check Request form. If you are requesting a check to be sent to a vendor, please attach a copy of all relevant documentation (e.g. invoice, request for deposit, etc.)
4. Attach the receipt(s) and/or documentation to the completed check request form and place it in the Treasurer’s mailbox.
Check requests are picked up after 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Checks for church staff will be available in their mailbox after the worship service on Sunday. Checks for others will be mailed on Monday.
The following is some additional information for completing the form.
• If you are not sure of the account, please contact the church staff member or committee chair responsible for the expense or contact the Treasurer. A complete list of reimbursable accounts is available outside the pastor’s office.
• Blank check request forms and a chart of accounts are also available in the Treasurer’s mailbox in the backroom of the church.